The Office Setup 365 and 2016 are the two latest versions of the Office Productivity Suite developed by Microsoft, having all the advanced features that helped these versions to attain an immense popularity among the Office users. Despite of having various advanced features, the users may face some common error codes or issues while installing or updating the Office Setup 365 or 2016 to their Windows devices and one such common error codes is Office Error Code 771. Thus, to resolve the Microsoft Office Error Code 771 follow the simple stepwise procedures detailed in this article, instead of calling the Office Customer Support.
The Microsoft Office Error Code 771 is mostly caused due to the reasons like conflicts of internal registry files, network connection errors, space allocated to the Office Setup 365 or 2016 is insufficient and proxy/ firewall rules. Apart from these, the registry entries being corrupted or infected viruses also add up to the occurrence of the Microsoft Office Error Code 771. As the error occurs on the device, an error message box pops up on the screen that shows the error message as shown below:
“Something Went Wrong.
Unable to install the Office Setup, Please try later
Office Error Code 771”
By following the stepwise procedure detailed below, the users could easily troubleshoot the Microsoft Office Error Code 771, easily:
Method A: Execute the SFC scan:
SFC Scan stands for System File Checker is one of the utility services installed previously on the Windows device for executing the process of scanning and fixing the corruptions of the Windows System files. Before executing the SFC Scan, the users should ensure that the date and time of the device is correct.
- Launch the command prompt (cmd) with all the administrative abilities on the device.
- To do so, follow the path as shown below:
Start button >> type ‘cmd’ in start search bar >> cmd
- Now, on the cmd window, type the command as displayed below:
- After this, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- Wait till the scanning process gets completed up to 100%.
- Once the scanning process has been completed on the device, try to install or update the Microsoft Office Setup 365 or 2016.
Method B: Disable the Firewall on the Windows Operating System:
- For disabling the Windows Firewall, the users need to open the control panel of the device.
- To do so follow the path as shown below:
Start button >> Control Panel
- Now, on the control panel window, choose the “System and Security” option.
- And then, choose the “Windows Firewall” option.
- After this, go to the “Customize Settings” section of Windows Firewall.
- Here, unmark the checkboxes displayed in front of “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option under the “Private Network Settings” as well as “Public Network Settings” section.
- After disabling the windows firewall, try to install or update the Office Setup 365 or 2016 on the device.
Method C: Run the Disk Clean Up on the Device:
Disk Clean up is the function of the windows device that enables the users to remove the junk from the system for offering enough disk space on the device for installing or updating the Office Setup 365 or 2016.
- For running the Disk Clean Up, go to the control panel of the device.
- And then, follow the path as shown below:
System and Security >> Administrative Tools >> Disk Clean Up
- On the Disk Clean Up window, select the “C Drive” by marking the checkbox in front of it.
- After this, tap the “OK” button.
- Now, on the next window, select all the folders that need to be cleaned up and then, tap “OK” button.
- Once the disk cleanup process has been completed on the device, try to install or update the Office Setup 365 or 2016 on it.
If the Microsoft Office Error Code 771 still persists on the Windows device then, the users may call the Office Customer Support number, to get an instant help.