Office.com/setup – Microsoft Office 2013 is one of the Office productivity suites that consist of various applications, services and servers. This Office productivity suite has various in-built features like new visualization, flattered look of the ribbon interface, remodeled start screen and many more, that make this version to be much improved than the previous ones.
The Office 2013 setup is available to its users in various editions like Home & Student, Standard, Professional and Professional Plus. Sometimes the users may face some common errors while installing the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 setup on their device. And one such common installing error is “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 Encountered the Error during Setup”.
As the error occurs on the device an error message box is displayed on the screen the shows the error message as shown below:
We’re sorry, something unexpected happened…”
“Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working.”
The Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 installation error is caused due to various miscellaneous reasons. Some of them are listed below:
- The setup is incompatible with the system of the users i.e. the setup doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements.
- The drivers of the device are outdated.
- The system has been installed with previous version of Office Setup.
- The registry files of the system are corrupted.
By following the stepwise procedures detailed below, the users can resolve the error and smooth out the installation of the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 on their device:
Method 1: Ensure the Setup is compatible with the System:
For ensuring the compatibility of the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, go through the product description that contains the details about the system requirements and all the compatible operating system.
System Requirements are as follows:
- Operating System – Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Windows Server 2008 R2-2012 R2
- Platform – IA-32, x64, ARM
- CPU – 1 GHz clock speed
- RAM Size- 1 GB to 2 GB
- Hard Disk Drive- 3.0 GB free disk space
Method 2: Uninstall the previous version of the Office Setup:
This has been recommended in the product guidelines to uninstall the previous versions of the Office setup, before installing the Office Pro Plus 2013 setup to the device. To do so, follow the stepwise procedure detailed below:
- Launch the start menu by clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- Now, choose the Control Panel option from the start menu.
- And then, select the “Programs” option.
- After this choose the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- A list will appear on the screen that displays all the programs installed on the device.
- From this list, choose the previous versions of the office setup installed on the device.
- And then, click the uninstall option.
- Now, restart the device and then, try to install the Office Pro Plus 2013 on the device.
If the installation error still persists on the device then, the users may call the Office Customer Support on the Office toll-free number, to get an instant support.