Office.com/setup – Microsoft is an American multi-national company and known all over the globe for its products like- software, computers, and hardware. It is one of the largest and the most reliable company over the decades. Microsoft Office or Office 365 is the product of Microsoft and it provides software and other services for business as well as for the consumers. MS-Office has a variety of versions and they keep on updating their versions according to the years, we move in.
Although MS-Office works efficiently and gets compatible with many devices. It runs on Windows, Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS and Android, which stores their data in Onedrive. But sometimes the user may face some issues while using MS-Office 2016 or 2013 versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, or Powerpoint.
The error may come up and the pop-up message may show up as- MS-Office can’t verify the license for this product.You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel.
These sort of error occurs when the Microsoft Office application for the different operating system runs in compatibility mode. Below provided are some steps to help you in fixing this problem and cease the app for running in compatibility mode. They are as follows :
- The user needs to Close the MS-Office app, that is actually causing this issue.
- Then search for the MS-Office app, according to the installation type of Outlook and Windows versions (62-bit or 32-bit)
- MSI-based Installation type – <disk drive>\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office1x
<disk drive>\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office1x
- Click-to-Run Installation type – <disk drive>\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office1x
<disk drive>\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office1x
Please note- The 1x variable represents the version of the MS-Office (16- Office 2016; 15-Office 2013)
The user needs to right-click on the MS-Office app that is causing the error and click on the properties.
- On Availability of the Compatibility tab, click and follow the below-given steps. They are as follows-
- The user needs to open the compatibility tab and needs to run this program in compatibility mode for the option.
- Then click on the Change settings for all the users.
- The tab compatibility for all the users will open, click on the Run button in the compatibility mode for options.
- Now click on the Ok button, twice.
On Un- Availability of the Compatibility tab, click Cancel, on the application properties page to close it. And follow the below-given steps. They are as follows-
- The user needs to right click on Outlook.exe and selects from the option Troubleshoot compatibility.
- After selecting the Troubleshoot Compatibility, select the Troubleshoot Program.
- Then one needs to clear all the options and click Next, to proceed further.
- On the given choice of options, select No, I am done investigating the problem option. And click on The Next button, to proceed further.
- Now on the option Click Close, to close the tab.
Tips- This above troubleshooting steps will be applicable to MS-Office Professional Plus 2016, MS-Office Standard 2016, Access 2016 &2013, Excel 2016 & 2013, MS-Publisher 2016 & 2013, OneNote 2016 & 2013, Outlook 2016 & 2013, PowerPoint 2016 & 2013, Word 2016 & 2013, MS-Office Home and Business 2013, MS-Office Home and Student 2013, MS-Office Home and Student 2013 RT, MS-Office Personal 2013, MS-Office Professional 2013, MS-Office Professional Academic 2013, MS-Office Professional Plus 2013, and MS-Office Standard 2013.
If you need any kind of help regarding office then visit office.com/setup